The Adelaide Mums Group Useful Lists are a quick and easy point of information for all local mothers and those new to Adelaide. They have been compiled by Adelaide Mums Group members who have provided feedback, hints, local knowledge and important information on places and services for kids and parents across Adelaide.
The second of our 'Useful Lists' is Adelaide's Favourite Playgroups, Kindergyms and Mums and Bubs Groups.
1. Burnside Kindergym 256 Magill Road, Beulah Park Phone: 08 8364 0722 A bright and welcoming environment that provides weekly classes to babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, aged 6 months to 5 years, and their caregivers.
Take advantage of the 'come and try' session – bookings are essential.
2. The Baby Sensory 25b Beach Rd, Christies Beach South Phone: 0427 702 564 Baby Sensory was the first baby programme to offer a complete approach to learning and development from birth to 13 months. Designed to stimulate, educate and provide precious memories during the all-important first year of life, the programme has won multiple awards both nationally and internationally since 2008.
3. Holdfast Sensory Playgroup 16 Boundary Road, Somerton Park Phone: 0418 824 254 Whether you’re looking for an affordable activity, like to meet friends, want to share in your child's learning, or looking for something fun to do, everyone's welcome at playgroup!
4. Athelstone Kindergym Campbelltown City Soccer Club, Stradbroke Road, Newton Phone: 0468 750 368 Athelstone Kindergym is a not-for-profit organisation specialising in programs for children from 6 months to five years of age.
6. Imagination Playground Enfield Community Centre, 540 Regency Rd, Enfield Phone: 08 8604 7466 The Imagination Playground is a mobile play system made up of big blue blocks in many unique shapes and sizes. Children aged 2 to 12 years can use the blocks and their own creativity to transform any space - large or small, indoors or out - into a play space that encourages learning, social development, movement, and above all, fun!
7. Prospect Enfield Kindergym 59 Gladstone Ave., Kilburn Phone: 0400 293 350 Active fun and learning for babies and children up to five years old and are proudly affiliated with Gymnastics SA.
8. Nora's Corner Playgroup Maylands Church of Christ, Cnr Portrush Rd and Nora St, Maylands Phone: 0408 804 946 Nora's play group is a community based play group for 0-5 year olds. Go along and chat while the kids play! Craft, outside activities, dress ups and more.
9. Knightsbridge Baptist Church 455 Glynburn Rd, Leabrook Phone: 08 8431 4730 "Its great. I went for 5 years before moving from the area." - AMG Member
10. Baby Chat at Burnside Library 401 Greenhill Rd, Tusmore Phone: 08 8366 4280 "Baby chat at Burnside Library was really good. I haven't been in over a year, but there was a playgroup in a community room next to Burnside Library that was really nice." - AMG Member
12. Play2learn Playgroups - Save the Children Various Locations Phone: 1800 76 00 11 "There's a few in the northern area, its free with multiple trained early childhood workers to structure the session." - AMG Member
13. One Tree Hill Playgroup One Tree Hill Institute, Blacktop Road, One Tree Hill Phone: 0417 140 574 "If anyone interested there is a great playgroup at One Tree Hill, first 4 visits are free and bring a piece of fruit to share 9:30 til 11:30." - AMG Member
With a great range of natural wooden toys, organic and locally made baby wear, as well as a unique selection of hard-to-find books, Heyday Store is the go-to place for thoughtful kids gifts in Adelaide.