Instead of making another chicken parmy, try this 'Prawn and Double Cheese Topped Chicken Breast' recipe. It's faster, easier and there's no messing around with egg, flour and bread crumbing.
You will need:
Plain flour (for dusting)
Seasoning (I used BBQ grill spice, but you could use seasoning such as Italian, mixed herbs, all season or paprika seasoning)
Frying oil (olive, vegetable or canola)
Sliced onion (I used Spanish onion but you could use white, brown or spring onion)
Bacon rashers (cooked)
Strong cheese such as blue cheese, parmesan, gruyere, fetta or goats cheese
Grilling cheese such as gouda, cheddar, edam, colby or mozzarella
Prawns (peeled and uncooked)
1. Butterfly the chicken breast to form a flattened steak.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper and seasoning.
3. Coat the chicken breast in the flour mix.
4. Lightly fry the both sides of chicken breast.
5. Remove the chicken from heat and top with bacon rashers, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and prawns.
6. Then add chunks of the strong cheese on top of the prawns.
7. Top with slices of the melting cheese so that you have a nice mix between the two types of cheeses.
8. Place the chicken breast with topping under the griller and grill until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Tip: You can add a few extra ingredients to change it up each time.
Italian twist - add things such as basil, oregano and olives.